Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pilipinas Men's Fashion Week



The Pilipinas Men's Fashion Week is the 5th Men's Fashion Week in the world and 2nd in Asia. Cycle 3 Spring Summer 2014 was held last September 26-29, 2013 in Midtown Atrium Robinson's, Ermita. 



 

It was my first time to watch a legitimate fashion show for men. I was a curious cat who couldn't wait to take good photos. So after an awesome morning in church, I dragged my friend to come witness the bonanza with me.

Admittedly, I know little about men's wear (all the more, men's fashion) so I watched in silence and in awe as I tried to absorb as much brilliance from the creative crowd surrounding me.

Men sashayed their way through the catwalk with well-thought of fashion pieces ranging from a little over the usual casual to the rad. It was a fusion of good quality materials, keen eye for precision and pure creative genius. Although if you ask me, I'd prefer that men shy away from short shorts and tights. They were designed to flatter the curves of a woman's body but they tend to lead the eyes to the wrong places when worn by the modern man. I don't know about you but I think seeing something poke down there is AWKWARD. Well, that is unless the gents' idea of a fashion statement is by saying hello each time the dark knight rises.

The fashion show was founded by Nico Augustin Menswear and MJ Alminanza of Project Runway. And though I think it has a long way to go, I'm glad that the local fashion connoisseurs are in active pursuit of progress in their craft. And I can't wait for it's golden era.

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...