Thursday, July 25, 2013







Yesterday, BIG BOSS asked if I would be interested to work with him in the two new departments we're building. I told him he can position me anywhere. He says I should know what I want. I told him anywhere in ops is fine with me.

It got me thinking the whole afternoon though--what do I really want? Where do I see myself in 5 years?

The thing is UP Engg taught me that I do not need position or power to make a difference. Plant me anywhere, I swear, I'll find ways to bloom. Lead me anywhere and I will be in active pursuit of excellence. I'm happy with what I'm doing right now--just the right mix of stress, healthy enough to constantly push me to do better but not so much to consume who I am. I'm working to learn and I'm just happy that I get to learn a lot on the corporate floor.

Makes me wonder though, am I not shooting high enough? Am I just being idealistic and naive? Do I need to reassess my career path?

Maybe it's about time to do my five year plan.


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...