Sunday, June 23, 2013

Trade School Manila




A few weeks back, I bumped into an article about Trade School Manila. Boy, it was love at first sight.

Trade School Manila is a non-profit, non-traditional, independent learning community where students barter with teachers for instruction. It offers a broad array of classes where teachers can ask for barter items from her students in exchange of hosting the class.

As an advocate of learning, I couldn't help but feel like I've found my next volunteer opportunity. I didn't just want to be a teacher (although I'd love to host my own class!). I wanted to do more. So today I met with the founders of Trade School Manila and some of the other teachers for the previous seasons. It was the first of a series of meetups in preparation for Trade School Manila's Season 3! :) Exciteeeeed! :P

If you want to volunteer or you want to teach a class, just let me know!

To know more about Trade School Manila please visit this site : http://www.tradeschool.coop/Manila/About
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...