Monday, April 29, 2013

Ahjh, the Dreamer

Recently, I've been contemplating about the win-lose behavior of chasing after every dream and finding your focus. 2013 has been a year of acceleration for me. I've always been a BIG Dreamer--you can ask my mom, my friends and my orgmates. Sometimes I dream ridiculously big dreams. But by the grace of GOD, the machinery of my youth organizations and the un-ending support of family & friends, I deliver them anyway. And this year, (a big part of which is probably because I have better control of my finances) I've been igniting more and more dreams that I've ignored through the years.

But my Church has been continuously teaching us about discovering our core values and nurturing them than chasing after every temporary high. Thus, I've been starting to think that maybe I should tone my dreams down a little. And then Michaelangelo happened. Nah. I bumped into Michaelangelo's quote (while perusing through my weekly dose of leisure reading on music, events, art and interesting people) and it says

“The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” — Michelangelo

BOOM. That moment, I knew GOD was enlightening me. The message was very clear---that chasing after every dream and finding your focus is not mutually exclusive. That we shouldn't limit our selves with the labels that the world (ourselves included) has bestowed upon us.


And as if by some twist of fate, the message in this afternoon's feast was exactly about that---dreaming BIG! It felt like GOD was really encouraging me to pursue my dreams!

Bro. Alvin talked about the humble beginnings of the afternoon feast, the great fete we achieved this year and the GREATER DREAM that he envisions for the session. The afternoon feast started at Meeting Room 5, a place just good enough to house 300 people. A few months later, Bro Bo Sanchez encouraged the community to move the afternoon session to the plenary hall to house more poeple who are in dire need of the word of GOD. It wasn't easy since there are already 10,000 people attending Bro Bo's feast sessions in the morning. There were days when the weakhearts spoke of moving the session back to Meeting Room 5. But Bro Alvin and Bro Bo's faith never faltered. In fact, they declared that come summer time of 2013, there will be a thousand churchgoers for the afternoon session. And lo and behold even before May of 2013, they reached 1400 participants. But that doesn't end at that, now Bro Alvin dreams BIGGER dreams for his feast. We are going for 2000 attendees before the year ends! Thus the GO 2000 banner below! :)


Towards the end of the session, Bro. Alvin spoke of reasons why we should dream big with the Lord:

1. We should DREAM big because GOD has plans for us.
2. We should DREAM big because GOD believes in us.

I couldn't agree more. Today, I was reminded of how GREAT and GENEROUS the Almighty is. I was reminded that anything is possible if we put our faith on Him.

The first quarter of 2013 has been beyond amazing. I can't wait to weave more outrageous memories for the days to come! :)))))))))

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...