Tuesday, January 01, 2013



2012 has been one tough ride-from the ESC Campaign, to graduation, to discerning the right career to pursue, the GOLD Training Program and that unfortunate mishap that broke my heart. I was looking forward to ending the year. I was looking forward to finally be able to say "In your face, 2012. I survived!"

But as the year comes to a close, a surprising sadness fills my heart. It's the first time after n years, that I will be welcoming a year without you. As the year comes to a close, it couldn't be more real- my life without you. 

This year, I will find my happiness. I will see the world differently. I will learn to be independent. This year, I will learn to fully live my life without you. Thank you for more than half a decade of friendship, love and bitterness. Thank you for more than half a decade of bittersweet memories. I guess no matter where life takes us, you'll always have a space in my heart. Cheers to 2013. I know you're happy. I hope you live a good life. And may this be the last. :) 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...