Friday, May 11, 2012

Of Undying Persistence and Personal Calling

Erap must have really lived to become a public figure.

The news about former president Estrada transferring to Sta. Mesa has reined in the prime time broadcast for days now. The news reports did not hide the fact that this is a political move as the former president is planning to run as Mayor of Manila at the end of Lim's term.

I have to admit, I found it ridiculous how one man, as old as the former president, would still be this persistent to pursue his career in politics. Having been elected and eventually impeached as president of the Philippines, who would've thought that he'd still want to go back to being a part of the local government unit.

Today, he registered as an official voter of the said municipality. He has also allegedly paid his taxes in the LGU. You've got to admit how admirable his persistence is. The local government and being a public figure must have been what he believed is his calling.

As a fresh graduate from the University of the Philippines, I have started my search for my own calling. That profession that will make me want to wake up early in the morning. That profession that I was carefully crafted to be good at. That profession that will bring out the best in me. That profession that will give me direction. That profession that will provide for me and my family.

I am an Industrial Engineer but I never allowed titles and degrees to limit what I can and cannot do. I want to be able to envision BIG DREAMS and transform them to great realities. I want to be able to use the knowledge and the abilities that the Lord has blessed me with to make a difference in other peoples' lives. I want to be able to use these blessings to live a life that could give glory His name.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...