Monday, April 09, 2012

Enlightenment on Rebirth

May we all be reminded of how incredibly great His power is to help those who believe in Him. It is that same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead. :)

 ***


I never really understood the significance of Easter. Not even until now. Someday soon I hope to gain full understanding of the feast of the Risen Lord. But for now, Easter will mean "rebirth" to me- that which was what happened to me last Sunday.

I didn't want to have Easter Lunch with the Asperas Clan. I wanted to just stay locked in my room and watch City Hunter the whole day. But mama didn't stop until I resigned to go. And quite honestly, at the end of the day, I was glad I did. I love my extended family. I love spending easy breezy Sundays with them. I love going out of towns with them. Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't have wanted to be a part of another family. It's just that recently, I've been feeling THE PRESSURE.

After graduation, all everyone could think of was where I will be working. There has been talks about different multi-national companies that they do recommend. I have been praying for this one company that I sent application email last week. AND all they could say was that I could still find a better job and a more prestigious company. I've been feeling judged and underestimated for days. I feel boxed. Like I can't decide anything about my life without them meddling with my decisions.

Most people have to deal with their parents. I have to deal with A WHOLE CLAN. :) So I brought my laptop and my "A Thousand Splendid Suns" book and intended to have lunch and spend the rest of the day isolated in the living room or somewhere else. BUT when lunch finally came, I couldn't resist listening to their stories, laughing at my cousins jokes, taking pictures of my silly nephews and just being one with the crowd- not you're ordinary crowd, but a family :)

And there it dawned on me, about how I am so fixated about them judging my choices when, really, all they want me to do is consider what they're saying. I was so fixated about them meddling with my decisions overlooking the fact that they just SINCERELY CARE. I was so fixated about them underestimating me, when in fact, they just have THAT HIGH high hopes for me.

Today I thank GOD for family. I thank GOD for the people who try to bring out the better people in them for you. I thank GOD for the people who DREAMS BIG for you. I thank GOD for the people who would stop their busy lives and spend lazy Sundays with you. I thank GOD for the people who would go the extra effort to drive to Alabang, prepare lunch and spend time with you.


I've never seen mama as happy as when she is with her siblings talking about family memories, shopping, recent buys, and planning future trips. They will be leaving for Singapore before the end of the month. :) I'm glad she's having the time of her life.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...