Monday, April 12, 2010

My Sister's Keeper

I've just finished watching this movie a few minutes ago. I am overwhelmed. With Love. With Life. With Death. With Family.

I feel for Sara Fitzgerald (Cameron), the fighter mom in the movie. I know how it feels to not want to stop fighting for the people you love. I know how it feels to always want to win the battles for them-every single day. I know how it feels to not want to stop. To not be able to let go and simply let them be. All because you love them too much.

I feel for Anna Fitzgerald, the younger sister. I know how it feels to go against the world to fulfill one's promise out of love. I know how it feels to do things that you yourself do not want to do but had to do for love's sake.

I feel for Jesse, the older brother who ignored his needs for Kate's. I know how it feels to hurt, to have needs and not cater to them because you think the one you love has more important needs. I know how it feels to back off. To not say anything even when it kills you. I feel for Brian, the father who spoils his kids. Who may not seem to fight for life as much as Sara did but who loves equally deeply just the same.

Love brings out the best and the worst in people. It enriches or destroys life. It's wonderful and daunting at the same time.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...